Growing a business is seriously all about the way you market the business in the first place. If you do not have a good marketing strategy in place it is very unlikely that you will see immense growth straight off the bat … if at all.
Many people believe in the power of social media and tend to go for that platform for marketing without researching any further … and then only later on do they realise it may not have been the best first choice.
Now, let it be known that we have nothing against social media marketing and it is a brilliant, ADDITIONAL way to market your products or services, but what this article is about is the power of email lists and email marketing.
As you read on you will learn, what an email list is, how it works, how to set it up and most importantly, how it will benefit you to get a list going as soon as you finish reading this article.
WHAT IS AN EMAIL LIST?
An email list is a list of people who have shown some kind of interest in what you have to offer and have given permission for you to capture their email addresses and contact details via contact forms either on your website or social media platform.
You would initially create an email list to send people emails related to promotions, special offers, events and new products which you may have and which they may have an interest in. Obviously this is also a good way to get your business out there and to convert and retain customers in the long term.
What is also great to note is that once you have started creating a substantial list you can use various email marketing applications to send bulk emails at scheduled times and you can even tailor make the lists so that the right people receive the most relevant information for them. You can look at applications such as Sendinblue, Hubspot and Sender.
Now that you know what it is and how you can set one up … let us take a closer look as to why you should do it RIGHT NOW!
GET RESULTS. BUILD A LIST.
If you are a WordPress user you will certainly know that having an email list pop up or something that allows you to capture details of visitors to your website is a key feature.
One of the main reasons that you would want an email list is to be able to communicate with your ideal audience and give them more value. But there are other reasons and benefits and you will see some of them below:
- The Personal Touch – Email has a more personal touch to it. When you send out an email campaign you land right in a user’s inbox and you can custom their emails to their likes, dislikes and needs and wants.
- Email has a Purpose – When you have set up an email campaign or have started gathering peoples information, if they take the time to re-fill in forms to update email addresses or update other information such as things that they are more interested in now which they may not have been a while back, that means they really want to hear from you and hear what you have to say and offer them.
- Targeting – You can customise emails and target the right audience with the right content. This is similar to social media marketing, because you do not want to be sending out emails to someone about swimming pool treatment for example and they life in an apartment with no pool. So with email you can target them with relevant things that will keep them interested and coming back for more.
- You Own It – When you have created an email list you can rest assured that you own that list. You can keep it safe and you can use it as and when needed. Social media platforms change their policies often which can cause problems when you want to retain customer information.
- Privacy – People can read their emails in private and ask questions in private – and they are absolutely more likely to get a response to their question via an email platform.
- Your Mail Will Be Seen – It is a known fact that many people open and check emails regularly throughout the day, especially if they are expecting to get an email. But if all else fails, a person is most likely to check mail 1-3 times per day. It may also be interesting to see when people are more likely to open marketing mails?
THAT’S A WRAP …
Well that is about all we have to share around email list building and we touched on how it can differ from social media marketing, but you can also read a little more on that topic here if you wish.
All in all, from research and from what people say, email marketing is definitely more likely to grow your business and the best way to do it is to – BUILD A LIST!
Do you need some assistance with WordPress website matters, especially when it comes to building an email list and implementing the strategy to do this effectively? Get in touch with one of our consultants at Creative Ground, we would be happy to chat with you.